INVAP carries out the design, manufacturing and implementation of plants and equipment for nuclear fuel elements production by using the following equipment:
- Pneumatic powder conveying system.
- Powder compaction presses and molds.
- Controlled-atmosphere sintering furnaces.
- Special welding equipment.
- Special equipment for pill, rod and plate machining.
- Control and nondestructive test equipment.
Engineering services for fuel elements:
- Fuel research and design for power reactors.
- Design and manufacturing of cap welding machines for CANDU-type fuel elements.
INVAP has provided Algeria and Egypt with plants, and Argentina, India and Romania with equipment.