INVAP designs and builds nuclear reactor for the following purposes:
- Scientific research through neutron beams.
- Radioisotope production for medical, agronomic and industrial uses.
- Silicon doping through neutronic transmutation.
- Irradiation systems for Boron Neutron Capture Therapy (BNCT).
- Facilities for neutrography practices.
- Cold neutron sources.
INVAP modernizes existing reactors through:
- New design of existing experimental reactor cores.
- Core optimization.
- Update of control and safety systems of existing reactors.
- Neutronic and thermohydraulic calculations, and shielding and safety assessment.