INVAP designs, builds, and startsup facilities and equipment for the production of Nuclear Fuel Elements.
The equipment includes the following:
- Pneumatic powder transfer system.
- Powder press.
- Controlled atmosphere sintering furnace.
- Specialized welding equipment.
- Special equipment for rod and plate pellet machining.
- Control and non-destructive test equipment.
INVAP has supplied this kind of facilities to Algeria and Egypt, and equipment to Argentina, India, and Romania.
Low enrichment uranium Mo-99 (molybdenum-99) production. Targets and associated technology.
Argentine scientists have succeeded in developing technology which eliminates the need for highly enriched uranium for Mo-99 target production, using medium enrichment (20%). INVAP supplies Mo-99 targets and associated processes to the Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation (ANSTO). The radioisotopes produced through this technology amply satisfy the strict requirements for use in health programs.
Fuel element fabrication engineering and equipment:
- Research and design of nuclear power plant fuels.
- Full process design.
- Equipment custom-design and qualification.
- Special equipment for fuel production.