INVAP has designed, built, and put into service several plants for these purposes.The most modern of them is still under construction in Egypt: ft is located in Inshas, 37 miles from Cairo. This Radioisotope Production Plant is being built for the Egyptian Nuclear Agency (AEA) and is placed next to the ETRR-2 radioisotope production reactor built by INVAP.
It is noteworthy that the ETRR-2 produces molybdenum 99 (Mo-99) using low-enriched uranium targets.
This supply covers the building and other facilities, including hot cells and boxes for:
- Target preparation for radioisotope production.
- Production of iodine 125, iodine 131, molybdenum 99, iridium 192 (medical and industrial sources), and chromium 51.
- Fractionation for commercial use.
- Installation and loading of tech-netium 99 generators.
- Quality control laboratories, equipment, and techniques.