INVAP builds nuclear reactors for the following applications, among others:
- Neutron beams research, including cold sources.
- Radioisotope production for medical, agricultural, and industrial applications,
- Silicon doping through neutron transmutation.
- Irradiation systems for Boron Neutron Capture Therapies (BNCT).
- Neutron radiography facilities.
In all its reactor projects, INVAP performs the following functions:
- Project management.
- Interpretation of the needs and requirements of its clients, frequently searching customized solutions for specific requirements.
- Emphasis in intrinsically-safe designs, including redundancies in safety-related systems.
- Training of reactor operators and other personnel.
Nuclear Research and Radioisotope "Production Centers Modernization of nuclear Facilities, comprising the following:
- Redesign of the core of existing experimental reactors.
- Core enrichment downgrading without loss of performance.
- Neutron, thermal-hydraulic, shielding, and safety calculations.
- Updating of the control and safety systems of existing reactors.
Design, supply of components, construction, start-up, and staff training for:
- Research, radioisotope production, and training nuclear reactors.
- Radioisotope fractionation, molecule labeling, and radio pharmaceutical production plants.
- Associated research laboratories and facilities.
INVAP's clients for such tasks include Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Cuba, Egypt, Iran, and Peru.